Bringing the lead to life

I'm a huge fan of the board game Blood Bowl which I have been playing on and off since 2nd edition of the game released back in the 80s. The game has evolved a lot over the last 25 years, but the miniatures from back then remain my favorites.

Citadel Miniatures undead Blood Bowl wight
Undead Wight

Regrettably Games Workshop never released a complete undead team during the 'Golden Age' and the 3rd edition of the team has never really appealed to me. That means you'll have to be creative if you want a 2nd edition undead team.

Citadel Miniatures undead Blood Bowl mummy
Undead Mummy

Creative is exactly what Steve Mussared was when he created his legendary Golden Demon winning team Nuffle's Nightmares. Ever since I, as a boy, first saw the team in the book Fantasy Miniatures from 1989 I have wanted a team like that. The wacky color scheme, the excellent choice of miniatures, the subtle conversions and Steve's extraordinary painting skill all did it for me.

I've decided to recreate the team with my own touch and the first two players are ready to take the field.

Comments

  1. What company are the mummy from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citadel Miniatures. It is long out of production though but shouldn't be hard to track down on eBay.

      Delete
  2. Hi Horekim.
    Impressed by your work.
    I count on being inspired by your undead team to create a team of 2nd Edition necromantics team.
    Do you have an idea for flesh golems miniatures on the same range?
    Thanks and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank N Stein is the obvious choice. For the other one I plan to use Bilerot Vomitflesh.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, seems to be a nice idea :)
      For a second werewolves, after Chaney, do you think to a good mini un the Old Range?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Bowl Witch Elf

Vietnam US Infantry Painting Guide

Blood Bowl Wood Elves